João Jacinto is the man behind national fashion focused blog: Gentleman’s Journal. In fact it is not only a fashion blog, it’s a gentleman’s blog. A place where João explores the three pillars for the true gentleman’s elegance, accordingly to João: Fashion, Culture and Lifestyle. So we wanted to hear more about his lifestyle tips for the city.
– Secret location?
Miradouro Senhora to Monte, on one of Lisbon’s seven hills.
– Best view?
Miradouro São Pedro de Alcântara, to look at this beautiful city of ours.
– A guilty pleasure?
Luxini. A drink with Santini’s ice-cream and Vodka at Lux.
– Where can we find you on Sunday?
Relaxing at the brunch at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon after a Saturday night out on the town. Read more about the Brunch here
– A trend for Lisbon’s future?
To become a reference in male fashion, due our rich heritage in tailoring.
– Favourite drink in the city? Coolest place to have a drink? Whats your favorite summer drink?
A gin tonic, simple like in the old times. Bica do Sapato, in the afternoon. Lux, mojito in the evening.
– Where do you like to unwind?
At my gym, Virgin Active at Sottomayor Palace
– Something you cannot resist?
The “vicentinas” pies in Rato.
– What’s your favourite beach?
São João beach in Costa da Caparica.
– A restaurant to go with friends?
Taberna da Rua das Flores.
– A favourite day trip from Lisbon? And why?
There isn’t anything better than going to Cascais to enjoy the sun, and then end up in Sintra enjoying a warm Travesseiro and a tea at Periquita. Read more here
– Someone NOT to be stuck in an elevator with?
– Something a gentleman never leaves home without?
Sunglasses, blazer and cologne. In winter some nice gloves and a fine scarf.
– If you had a gentleman friend from abroad visiting Lisbon for a few days, what shops you would absolutely suggest he visit?
Oficina Mustra, Fashion Clinic Men, Lourenço & Santos, Nuno Gama and the hat shop at Rossio.
– If you could dress any gentleman in the world (alive or dead) for any event, who would it be?
Steve Macquen, David Gandy, Hubert de Givenchy and JFK.